Monday, February 14, 2011

final thoughts?

I guess  I have been avoiding writing this post, since I am not really sure what my final thought are. If you talk to me face to face, I could tell you a lot about what I saw and experienced, but I doubt I have any real formulated thoughts. I guess I will just type up something I wrote on the 21 of January. This sums up my general mind set.

What I have learned in 3 months! (seek and ye shall find! Always look for enlightenment)
Slow down: Everything takes time. Human relationships take time, everything important usually takes time. Going slow allows you to truly appreciate the "now". nobody can be saved in a day, people take investment. Time loses its importance when you are appreciating every moment. We control time, time does not control us. If we cease to give time power, by seeing value in every moment; time will not control life. We are so tiny in the grand cosmic scale, what mark do we really leave on it? what trouble is it if I take 3 months on this journey? 3 months is barely a mark on the 24 years I have lived already! If someone wants to take years to go an focus and one thing or another, what harm can come from it? A month here or a year there, nothing is lost while searching for higher learning. Appreciate going slow and seeing beauty in every moment, connect your spirit with life at every chance.When at peace, time ceases to matter. A river is constantly changing from instant to instant, yet the river is always the same; as is time.
"But out of all secrets of the river, he today only saw one, this one touched his soul. He saw: this water ran and ran, incessantly it ran, and was nevertheless always there, was always an at all times the same and yet new in every moment! Great be he who would grasp this, understand this! He understood and grasped it not, only felt some idea of it stirring, a distant memory, divine voices."
"Did you," so he asked him at one time, "did you too learn that secret from the river: that there is no time?"
Vasudeva's face was filled with a bright smile.
"Yes, Siddhartha," he spoke. "It is this what you mean, isn't it: that the river is everywhere at once, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the rapids, in the sea, in the mountains, everywhere at once, and that there is only the present time for it, not the shadow of the past, not the shadow of the future?" -Herman Hess "Siddhartha"

Life is too short to run through focused on future goals. Appreciate the moment and praise! For you have the breath to celebrate life!

See the pure spirit in all creation: Everyone has a pure spirit in them. Look into their eyes and see THEM. Not just the outside, what they are saying or doing, but see them for the pureness they have inside. See all men as brothers and all women as sisters. Would I curse my brother or objectify my sister? See God in everyone! In every rock, flower, and stream; God made it all and is in it all.

Spend your moments building true personal relationships with man and God: There is nothing more important then the relationships you build. To spend your time building buildings that will eventually fall down and aiming for glory that will eventually fade; What is the use? We are told by society that life is suffering and we assume it must happen. Everyone hates their job, right? Pain happens, but why play into the constant suffering the world projects on us? Why do we suffer for temporary earthly glory? We should strives for our own inner peace, realizing that it does not come from fame or fortune, but from those around us, the people we love and invest in, the creation we live in and the spirit that lives with in us. Every experience has the potential to enlighten us if we are completely in the moment and open to the joy or pain that may arise from the interaction.

I have a couple big projects in mind, now that I am back, and I might keep using this blog to get the message out, but overall I think this is it. I am still broke and still for God, but under diffrent circumstances now.

Onwards and upwards,
Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment